Sunday, September 25, 2011

My Blessings ... #3

Blessing #3 - My Job...

I decided to thank God for this particular blessing tonight because it's something I've been thinking a lot about. I have been feeling a bit under the weather lately and I plan to visit my doctor in the morning. I am so grateful to have the option to do that.
In today's economy, jobs are difficult to come by, especially good ones. My job offers me full 40 hour work weeks, great benefits and most importantly, an enjoyable place to work.
In February my Aunt Joan passed away unexpectaby. This meant an emergency trip to Iowa that did not fall on my usual pass days of Tuesdays and Wednesdays. The HR department was so helpful and understanding. It was such a relief to hear them say "do what you need to do for your family and we will take care of the details." The staff at Vernon Downs has become my second family and I am proud to be entering my 4th year with such a great company. Now, I can't lie, it isn't always peaches and cream. Sometimes, like everyone else on the planet, I just don't feel like going to work. But on days like that I just remind myself how lucky I am. There are so many people out there who can't even find jobs. I was able to find one that I enjoy, that I am proud of, with a company that truly cares for their employees. For this, I am truly blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment